Coffee lovers understand the importance of having a good coffee maker at home. With so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one, especially when you have a budget of $200.
In this article, we will explore some of the best coffee makers under $200 that deliver excellent brewing performance without breaking the bank.
Whether you prefer a drip coffee maker or an espresso machine, we have got you covered. So, let’s dive in and discover the perfect coffee maker for you!
Best Coffee Makers Under $200
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Coffee Makers Under $200 (Top 3 Picks)
- 2 What To Look For When Buying A Coffee Maker? (Coffee Maker Buying Guide)
- 3 Top 5 Coffee Machines Under $200 (Reviews)
- 3.1 1. Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- 3.2 User Review
- 3.3 2. KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- 3.4 User Review
- 3.5 3. Ninja Hot And Cold Brewed System Auto-iQ Tea+Coffee Maker
- 3.6 User Review
- 3.7 4. Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip With Carafe Coffee Maker
- 3.8 User Review
- 3.9 5. Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker
- 3.10 User Review
- 4 Comparison Table Of The Best Coffee Makers Under 200 Dollars
- 5 What Is Considered The Best Coffee Machine?
- 6 How Much Should I Spend For A Good Coffee Maker?
- 7 Final Verdict
- 8 FAQs
Best Coffee Makers Under $200 (Top 3 Picks)
|Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker||Check On Amazon||Read Review|
|Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker||Check On Amazon||Read Review|
|Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker||Check On Amazon||Read Review|
If you are in a hurry and don’t want to read the reviews, then you can opt for this coffee maker.
What To Look For When Buying A Coffee Maker? (Coffee Maker Buying Guide)
When buying a coffee maker, there are several key factors to consider. Here’s a coffee maker buying guide that outlines what to look for:
- Brewing Capacity: Determine how much coffee you typically brew at once. Coffee makers come in various sizes, from single-serve to large carafe models, so choose one that suits your needs.
- Brewing Options: Consider the brewing options you prefer. Some coffee makers offer different brew styles like regular, bold, iced, or specialty. Determine if you want a machine that can accommodate various brewing preferences.
- Programmability: If you prefer convenience and flexibility, look for a coffee maker with programmable features. These allow you to set the brewing time in advance, ensuring your coffee is ready when you wake up or return home.
- Ease Of Use And Cleaning: Look for a coffee maker that is user-friendly and easy to clean. Features like a removable water reservoir, dishwasher-safe parts, and simple control panels can make the brewing process more convenient.
- Carafe Type: Decide whether you want a coffee maker with a glass carafe or a thermal carafe. Glass carafes are traditional and affordable, while thermal carafes keep coffee hot for longer periods without the need for a warming plate.
- Size And Space: Consider the available counter space in your kitchen. Coffee makers come in various sizes, so ensure the one you choose fits comfortably in your kitchen without overcrowding.
- Quality And Durability: Read reviews and consider the brand’s reputation for producing reliable coffee makers. Look for models made from durable materials that are built to last.
- Price: Set a budget for your coffee maker purchase. Coffee makers range in price, so determine how much you are willing to spend and find a model that offers the features you desire within your budget.
- Additional Features: Depending on your preferences, consider additional features such as built-in grinders, frothers for specialty drinks, water filters, or adjustable brew strength settings.
- Customer Reviews: Before making a final decision, read customer reviews to get insights into the performance and reliability of the coffee maker you’re considering. Real-life experiences can provide valuable information to help inform your choice.
By considering these factors, you can find a coffee maker that meets your brewing needs, fits your budget, and provides an enjoyable coffee brewing experience.
Top 5 Coffee Machines Under $200 (Reviews)
Investing in a quality coffee maker is essential for those who want to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee from the comfort of their home. With a budget of $200, you can find coffee makers that offer a range of features and brewing capabilities.
Here are the products:
1. Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup Coffee Maker
- The Ninja CM401 Specialty Coffee Maker offers a versatile brewing experience with its four brew styles: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, and Specialty Brew.
- It provides the convenience of brewing different sizes, from a single cup to a full carafe, without the need for pods.
- The built-in fold-away frother allows you to create silky-smooth froth for your beverages.
- The removable water reservoir and dishwasher-safe parts make cleaning easy. However, users should note that improper grinding, coffee measurement, or tamping may affect the brewing pressure.
- Reprogramming might be required when adjusting grind size and coffee amount.
- Offers four brew styles for versatile coffee options.
- Brews iced coffee without dilution.
- Allows brewing different sizes, from a single cup to a full carafe.
- No pods are required, reducing plastic waste.
- Built-in frother for creating froth for hot or cold milk.
- Removable water reservoir for easy filling.
- Dishwasher-safe parts for easy cleaning.
- Automatic shutoff after one hour of inactivity.
- Inadequate pressure may result from the incorrect grind, coffee amount, or tamping.
- Reprogramming is needed when adjusting grind size and coffee amount.
Sarah Thompson (Amazon): “I absolutely love the Ninja CM401! The coffee it brews is rich and flavorful, and the specialty brew options allow me to indulge in different coffee styles. The built-in frother is a great addition to creating lattes and cappuccinos. Highly recommended!”
2. KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- The KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB Coffee Maker offers simple operation and 24-hour programmability, allowing you to customize your brewing experience.
- It features a variable brew strength selector to choose between regular and bold flavors.
- The small batch brew mode optimizes heating and saturation time for better flavor in small batches.
- The pause and pour function enables you to pour a cup of coffee mid-brew.
- The insulated carafe sleeve helps to keep your coffee hotter for longer.
- Simple operation and 24-hour programmability.
- Variable brew strength selector for regular and bold flavors.
- Small-batch brew mode for optimal flavor in smaller batches.
- Pause and pour feature for mid-brew coffee pouring.
- Insulated carafe sleeve keeps coffee hotter for longer.
- Water overflows at times due to pressure.
John Davis (Homedepot): “The KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB is a fantastic coffee maker. It consistently brews a perfect pot of coffee, and the large 12-cup capacity is ideal for entertaining guests. The design is sleek and the programmable features are easy to use. It’s definitely worth the investment!”
3. Ninja Hot And Cold Brewed System Auto-iQ Tea+Coffee Maker
- The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is a versatile coffee and tea maker that offers multiple brew sizes, from single cups to a full carafe.
- It allows you to brew hot coffee, tea, or over-ice beverages, all powered by Advanced
- Thermal Flavor Extraction Technology with Auto-iQ.
- The built-in frother creates silky smooth froth with the press of a button. It also includes a specially designed tea brew basket for brewing tea using tea bags or loose leaves.
- However, the thermal carafe is not dishwasher safe, and it comes with a 2.5 ft. cord length.
- Brews multiple sizes, from single cups to a full carafe.
- Can brew hot or over-ice beverages.
- Built-in frother for creating froth for hot or cold milk.
- Specially designed tea brew basket for brewing tea.
- Auto-iQ technology for intelligent brewing.
- The thermal carafe is not dishwasher safe.
- Relatively short cord length.
Emma Roberts (BestBuy): “The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is a game-changer! Not only does it brew a great cup of hot coffee, but it also offers the versatility to make iced coffee, tea, and specialty drinks. The multiple brewing options and the ability to adjust the strength are impressive. I can’t imagine my mornings without it!”
4. Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip With Carafe Coffee Maker
- The Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker offers brew-strength control, allowing you to choose between regular or bold coffee flavors.
- It features fully automatic brewing with 24-hour programmability, 1–4 cup settings, and auto-off functionality.
- The 12-cup thermal carafe with a stainless-steel handle keeps your coffee hot and fresh for extended periods.
- The coffee maker also includes a brew-pause feature, which allows you to pour a cup of coffee mid-brew without any drips or mess.
- The user-friendly control panel and LCD make it easy to set your desired brewing options.
- With its sleek design and durable construction, the Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker combines functionality and style, making it a convenient and reliable choice for coffee lovers.
- Whether you prefer a regular or bold brew, this coffee maker provides the flexibility to customize your coffee to suit your taste preferences.
- Brew strength control for regular or bold coffee flavor.
- Fully automatic brewing with 24-hour programmability.
- 1-4 cup settings for brewing smaller batches.
- Auto-off feature for safety and energy efficiency.
- 12-cup thermal carafe with a stainless-steel handle to keep coffee hot.
- When filling the water reservoir, the lid doesn’t give enough space to use the coffee pot.
Mark Johnson (Amazon): “The Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker is a reliable workhorse. It’s easy to program, and the brew strength control allows me to customize the flavor according to my preference. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot for hours, which is perfect for busy mornings. A great choice for coffee lovers!”
5. Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker
- The Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker is a single-serve coffee machine that offers a variety of brewing options, including strong brew, iced coffee, and specialty beverages.
- It features a strong brew button for a more intense coffee flavor. The machine has a large 75-ounce water reservoir that can brew multiple cups without refilling.
- It also has a hot water on-demand button for instant hot water. The removable drip tray allows for easy cleaning and accommodates travel mugs.
- However, it uses K-Cup pods, which may result in increased plastic waste.
- Single-serve brewing for convenience.
- Strong brew option for a bolder flavor.
- Large water reservoir for multiple cups without refilling.
- Hot water on-demand button for instant hot water.
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Accommodates travel mugs.
- Reliance on K-Cup pods may contribute to increased plastic waste.
Rachel Lee (Amazon): “The Keurig K-Elite is my go-to coffee maker! It brews a quick and consistent cup of coffee, and the large water reservoir saves me time refilling. I also appreciate the option to brew different cup sizes and the strong brew setting for a bolder flavor. It’s a sleek and efficient machine that never disappoints!”
Comparison Table Of The Best Coffee Makers Under 200 Dollars
|Feature||Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup||KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB 12-Cup||Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System||Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip||Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker|
|Brew Styles||4 (Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Specialty Brew)||Regular, Bold||Hot, Cold, Over Ice||Regular||Multiple brew sizes and strengths|
|Brew Sizes||6||2||Multiple sizes||1-4 cups, full carafe||4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz|
|Pod Compatibility||No||No||No||No||Yes (Keurig K-Cup pods)|
|Carafe||10-cup glass||Insulated sleeve||Thermal||Thermal||None (Single-serve brewing)|
|Cleaning||Top-rack dishwasher safe||Not specified||Relatively short cord length||Not specified||Dishwasher safe|
|Additional Features||Iced coffee brewing||Small batch brew mode||Tea brewing||Brew strength control||Temperature control, iced setting|
|Pros||Versatile brew styles, removable water reservoir, no pods required||Insulated carafe, programmability, variable brew strength selector||Hot and cold brewing, tea brewing, built-in frother||Brew strength control, programmability, thermal carafe||Wide range of brew sizes and strengths, programmability, temperature control|
|Cons||Inadequate pressure||Water overflows at times due to pressure.||The lid doesn’t give enough space to use the coffee pot||Lid doesn’t give enough space to use the coffee pot||Reliance on K-Cup pods|
Also Read – How To Clean A Hand Mixer?
Comparison Of Brewing Capacities
Here’s a table comparing the brewing capacities of the five coffee makers:
|Coffee Maker||Brewing Capacity|
|Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup||Up to 10 cups|
|KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB 12-Cup||12 cups|
|Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System||Various sizes available|
|Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker||12 cups|
|Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker||Single-serve pods|
Please note that the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System offers various brewing sizes, allowing you to customize the quantity according to your needs, while the Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker utilizes single-serve pods instead of a traditional brewing capacity in cups.
You May Also Like: Best Hand Mixer For Mashed Potatoes
Comparison Of Brewing Speed
Here’s a comparison of the brewing speeds for the five coffee makers:
|Coffee Maker||Brewing Speed|
|Ninja CM401 Specialty 10-Cup||Approximately 8 minutes|
|KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB 12-Cup||Approximately 6 minutes|
|Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System||Varies based on size|
|Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker||Approximately 10 minutes|
|Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker||Less than a minute per cup|
The Ninja CM401 and KitchenAid KCMB1204BOB coffee makers offer relatively quick brewing times, taking around 6 to 8 minutes to brew a full carafe.
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System’s brewing speed may vary depending on the selected brewing size.
The Cuisinart 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker takes approximately 10 minutes to brew a full carafe. On the other hand, the Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker uses single-serve pods and can brew a cup of coffee in less than a minute.
What Is Considered The Best Coffee Machine?
The best coffee machine can be determined by several factors that contribute to its overall performance and user satisfaction.
Here are some key aspects to consider when determining the best coffee machine:
- Brewing Quality: A great coffee machine should consistently brew coffee with excellent taste, flavor, and aroma. It should have precise temperature control, proper extraction, and the ability to brew coffee to your preferred strength.
- Brewing Capacity:
- The ideal coffee machine should have the capacity to brew the desired amount of coffee for your needs.
- Whether you prefer single-serve options or need a machine that can brew larger quantities for gatherings, it should cater to your specific brewing capacity requirements.
- Brewing Versatility:
- The best coffee machine offers versatility in brewing options.
- It should allow you to brew various types of coffee, such as espresso, drip coffee, and specialty drinks like lattes or cappuccinos.
- This versatility provides flexibility and convenience in satisfying different preferences.
- Ease Of Use:
- A user-friendly coffee machine simplifies the brewing process.
- It should have intuitive controls, clear instructions, and easy-to-understand settings. Convenience features like programmable timers, automatic shut-off, and easy-to-clean components enhance the overall user experience.
- Build Quality And Durability:
- A reliable coffee machine should be built with high-quality materials to ensure durability and longevity.
- It should withstand regular use without significant wear and tear and have a solid construction that contributes to its overall performance.
- Maintenance And Cleaning:
- The best coffee machine should be easy to clean and maintain.
- Removable and dishwasher-safe parts, descaling options, and clear maintenance instructions make the cleaning process hassle-free and ensure the machine’s longevity.
- Price And Value:
- Consider your budget and the value you’ll get from the coffee machine.
- While higher-priced machines may offer more advanced features, there are also affordable options available that provide excellent brewing quality and performance.
Remember, the best coffee machine ultimately depends on your personal preferences, budget, and specific requirements. It’s essential to consider these factors to find a coffee machine that meets your needs and provides a satisfying coffee brewing experience.
Also Read – How To Make Oven Racks Slide Easier?
How Much Should I Spend For A Good Coffee Maker?
The amount you should spend on a coffee maker depends on your personal preferences, brewing needs, and budget.
Coffee makers are available at various price points, ranging from budget-friendly options to high-end models. Here are some general guidelines to consider:
- Budget-Friendly Options:
- You can find decent coffee makers in the range of $20 to $100.
- These machines typically offer basic features, such as drip brewing or single-serve options, with limited programmability and fewer customization options.
- They are suitable for individuals or small households with basic brewing needs.
- Mid-Range Models:
- Coffee makers in the range of $100 to $300 offer a wider range of features and brewing options.
- They may include programmable timers, adjustable brewing strength, multiple cup sizes, and some specialty drink options.
- These models often have better build quality, durability, and performance compared to budget-friendly options.
- High-End Machines:
- If you are a coffee enthusiast or want more advanced features and customization options, high-end coffee machines priced above $300 may be suitable.
- These machines often offer precise temperature control, advanced brewing technologies, integrated grinders, milk frothers, and a variety of brewing options.
- They provide a premium brewing experience and are built to last.
Also Read – What To Look For When Buying An Air Fryer?
It’s important to consider your brewing preferences and needs when determining how much to spend. If you simply enjoy a basic cup of coffee, a budget-friendly or mid-range option may suffice.
However, if you’re passionate about coffee and desire more control and versatility in brewing, investing in a higher-end machine may be worth it.
Additionally, it’s worth considering the long-term value and durability of the coffee maker. Spending a bit more on a quality machine that will last for years and consistently deliver great coffee can be a wise investment.
Ultimately, the decision on how much to spend on a coffee maker is subjective and depends on your priorities, budget, and level of interest in coffee brewing.
You May Also Like: Best Lubricants For Oven Racks
There are several excellent coffee makers available on the market for under $200 that offer a wide range of features and functionalities. These coffee makers provide convenience, versatility, and the ability to brew delicious coffee right in the comfort of your home.
Whether you prefer programmable options, customizable brew strength, multiple serving sizes, or specialty coffee beverages, there is a coffee maker to suit your needs and preferences within this price range.
When considering the best coffee makers under $200, it’s important to assess your specific requirements and priorities.
Look for key features such as programmability, brew-strength control, multiple serving size options, durability, ease of use, and maintenance. Additionally, consider factors like the quality of construction, brand reputation, customer reviews, and warranty coverage.
By choosing a coffee maker from reputable brands and weighing the features that matter most to you, you can find a high-quality coffee maker that fits your budget and delivers the perfect cup of coffee every time.
With the advancements in technology and the variety of options available, you can enjoy the convenience and luxury of a coffee shop experience right in your own home without breaking the bank.
So go ahead and explore the diverse range of coffee makers under $200, and elevate your coffee brewing experience to new heights.
You May Also Like: Best Hand Mixers for Whipping Cream
Can I Make Espresso With A Drip Coffee Maker?
No, drip coffee makers are not designed to make espresso. You will need an espresso machine for that.
Do Single-Serve Coffee Makers Require Specific Coffee Pods?
Yes, most single-serve coffee makers are compatible with specific coffee pod brands. Make sure to check the compatibility before purchasing.
Are French Press Coffee Makers Difficult To Use?
French press coffee makers are straightforward to use. Simply add coffee grounds, pour hot water, let it steep, and press the plunger to separate the grounds from the brewed coffee.
Can I Brew Tea In A Single-Serve Coffee Maker?
Yes, some single-serve coffee makers have specific settings for brewing tea. Check the product specifications to see if it supports tea brewing.
How Often Should I Clean My Coffee Maker?
It is recommended to clean your coffee maker regularly to maintain optimal performance. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific cleaning guidelines.